Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe re-emergence of China as an ecomic superpower during its systemic transition is an astonishing phemen. China and Post-Socialist Development is the first comprehensive attempt to frame China's advancements within the context of the East Asian developmental miracle, against the background of post-socialist transformation, asking how has it happened and where does China go from here? In this book the author argues that as China transits from central planning to market, it tries to imitate the institutions and policies of Japan and South Korea during their high growth periods of the second half of the twentieth century. China's approach - broadly in opposition to the neo-liberal doctrine - has brought impressive results, leading the author to make important predictions about the future. This book is for everybody who is interested in China, development and post-socialist transformation.
- Author BiographyAndrzej Bolesta, a scholar and a diplomat, educated at the London School of Economics and Political Science (PhD) and the University of Oxford (MSc), has lived in East Asia for the last eight years, most of this time in Beijing, China, working for the Polish embassy.
- Author(s)Andrzej Bolesta
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.