All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionThe European Union is China's largest trading partner, and Chinese views of the EU are of crucial importance in shaping how the relationship will develop in the future, especially as the new Chinese leadership takes power. This book presents the findings of an extensive research project into the views of both elite groups, in government, business, academia, media and social activists, and the Chinese public towards Europe and the European Union. It considers attitudes on a wide range of subjects, and reaches a number of interesting, encouraging conclusions. These include the fact that as Chinese people's kwledge of, and travel to, Europe becomes more extensive, Chinese attitudes towards Europe become more positive; that Chinese people have a high regard for European culture and a high degree of trust in Europeans; though there are significant differences between different Chinese groups concerning controversial issues in the China-EU relationship. Overall, the book concludes that the Chinese public opinion supports a strong bilateral relation.
- Author BiographyLisheng Dong is Professor of Political Science at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. Zhengxu Wang is Deputy Director of the China Policy Institute and Lecturer at the School of Contemporary Chinese Studies, University of Nottingham, UK. Henk Dekker is Professor of Political Socialization and Integration at the Graduate School for Social and Behavioural Sciences of Leiden University, the Netherlands.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleChina Policy Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 72 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byHenk Dekker,Lishing Dong,Zhengxu Wang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.