All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLee provides an in-depth analysis of China's diplomatic strategy in bilateral and multilateral negotiations on the South China Sea. Based on both documentary research and the personal experiences of the author at conferences and meetings on the issue, Lee highlights the approach adopted by China in its dealings with other parties to the dispute. Professor Lee also examines the state of cross-strait dialogues between Taiwan and China on the South China Sea. As Professor Lee makes clear, while China has been consistent in stating that its claims over the South China Sea are indisputable, Beijing is still willing to talk about the conflicts with the parties involved. While China prefers to conduct bilateral discussions, it has t ruled out multilateral talks and cooperation in the South China Sea. However, there has been limited progress in these talks, especially those conducted at multilateral meetings. As most of the claimants are from ASEAN, the book also examines Si-ASEAN relations in general and explores how that would affect China's conduct in South China Sea discussions. An important study for scholars, and policy makers involved in security issues in the Asia Pacific.
- Author BiographyLEE LAI TO, former Director of the Singapore Institute of International Affairs, is Associate Professor of Political Science at the National University of Singapore. He is the author or editor of eight books, including Trade Unions in China, The Reunification of China: PRC-Taiwan Relations in Flux, and ASEAN in the Post-Cold War Era.
- Author(s)Lee Lai To
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.