All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionDespite China's obvious and growing importance on the world stage, it is often and easily misunderstood. Indeed, there are many Chinas, as this comprehensive survey of contemporary China vividly illustrates. Now in a thoroughly revised and updated edition that offers the only sustained geography of the reform era, this book traces the changes occurring in this powerful and ancient nation across both time and space. Beginning with China's diverse landscapes and environments and continuing through its formative history and tumultuous recent past, the authors present contemporary China as a product of both internal and external forces of past and present. They trace current and future successes and challenges while placing China in its international context as a massive, still-developing nation that must meet the needs of its 1.3 billion citizens while becoming a major regional and global player. Through clear prose and new, dynamic maps and photos, China's Geography illustrates and explains the great differences in ecomy and culture found throughout China's many regions. Data sets and power point ancillary materials are available for professors, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to obtain this material.
- Author BiographyGregory Veeck is professor of geography at Western Michigan University. Clifton W. Pannell is professor emeritus of geography at the University of Georgia. Christopher J. Smith is professor in the Department of Geography and Planning at the University at Albany, SUNY. Youqin Huang is associate professor in the Department of Geography and Planning at the University at Albany, SUNY.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Smith,Clifton W. Pannell,Gregory Veeck,Youqin Huang
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- Series TitleChanging Regions in a Global Context: New Perspectives in Regional Geography Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/05/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width181 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.