All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn and Doris Naisbitt, long-time China observers, provide a unique perspective on the transformation that is reshaping the country's ecomic, social, and political systems. Allowed unprecedented access by the Chinese government, they gathered data and information from across all of China's provinces and cities using the same techniques behind Naisbitt's international bestseller Megatrends . Based on their findings, the Naisbitts argue that, while the U.S. struggles to restore its position in the world, China is creating an entirely new social and ecomic model for a 21st-century. Just as America created its own unique model more than 200 years ago, the new system fits China's history and society, and the Naisbitts identify the eight pillars: The Emanicipation of the Mind; Balancing Top-down with Bottom-up; Framing the Forest and Letting the Trees Grow; Crossing the River by Feeling the Stones; Artistic and Intellectual Ferment; Joining the World; Freedom and Fairness; and, From Olympic Gold Medals to Nobel Prizes. Taken together, these eight forces are radically changing China from the inside out and ultimately reshaping the dynamics of globalisation itself. Provocative and groundbreaking, China's Megatrends describes this revolution for experts and newcomers alike, offering new insights into China's emergence as a global power.
- Author BiographyJohn Naisbitt has been studying and visiting China for forty-two years, first in 1967, with more than one hundred visits since. A former professor at Nanjing University, he is currently a professor at both Nankai University and Tianjin University of Finance and Economics. Doris Naisbitt began her visits and studies of China ten years ago, and since 2007 has been the director of the Naisbitt China Institute in Tianjin and a professor at Yunnan University. She is the former head of the Austrian publisher Signum Verlag, which she upgraded to become a major player in the German-language business book market. Doris lives in Vienna, Austria, and Tianjin, China.
- Author(s)Doris Naisbitt,John Naisbitt
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.