All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn China's Millions veteran historian Alvyn Austin presents a compelling historical narrative of the China Inland Mission (w the Overseas Missionary Fellowship) - the first history of the CIM by an outsider - including 36 nver-before-published illustrations and maps from the CIM/OMF archives. In the course of his sweeping survey, Austin examines a remarkable array of subjects, from the visionary, charismatic sect-leader Pastor Hsi, to the worldless book, a missionary teaching device that fit perfectly with Chinese color cosmology, to the opium-soaked aftermath of the North China Famine of 1877-79.
- Author BiographyAlvyn Austin born in Calcutta to CIM missionaries teaches at Brock University, Ontario. He is a trained museum curator as well as a scholar and his diverse work includes historical sites, radio documentaries and the book Saving China.
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in the History of Christian Missions
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlwyn Austin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.