All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe leaders and bureaucrats of China have actively attended, initiated, promoted or made skilful use of regional multilateral political, ecomic, and security institutions to accelerate regional cooperation and integration with neighboring states, convince Asian states that China's rise will t threaten the regional order and their national interests, and exploit its role and diplomacy in the Asia-Pacific as a launch pad for greater influence in world affairs. This book examines why and to what extent China wishes to promote, accelerate, delay, or overcome constrains to, the institutionalization of these regional organizations. It explores the meaning, scope and repercussion in the drive that a rising China has for institutionalizing multilateral cooperative processes in the Asia-Pacific region, the extent to which its actions are motivated by concerns of politics, ecomics or security, and the obstacles it faces for so doing. These arrangements have varying effect on the diplomatic postures, ecomic development, and strategic orientation of countries in Asia and the Western Pacific, and hence the stability and prosperity of the entire region. China's Multilateral Co-operation in Asia and the Pacific will be of interest to those studying the politics and international relations of China and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Author BiographyChien-peng Chung is Associate Professor at the Department of Political Science of Lingnan University, Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Chien-Peng Chung
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/06/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePolitics in Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.