All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionChina's New 21<UP>st-Century Realities: Social Equity in a Time of Change examines the new social justice realities in China. Often when people think of China they think of a very rigid, patriarchal society where oppression is the order of the day. However, this book aims to debunk some of those preconceived tions by addressing issues such as single men living in rural China, professional women in politics, and the baggage that comes with being considered an outsider. The book looks at China through a critical social justice prism that has seldom been used before. Contributors also take on race and ethnicity as a means to understanding that China, like many nations in the world, is becoming increasingly diverse in many areas including religion and gender roles. This book is a must read for anyone that is truly interested in unlearning what they believe they kw about human rights in China.
- Author BiographyRichard Greggory Johnson III is a tenured professor in the Department of Economics, Law, and International Business, School of Management, University of San Francisco. His research centers on social equity within the fields of public policy, management, higher education, and human resources management. He has been teaching in higher education for almost fifteen years and is widely published with several peer-reviewed books and over a dozen peer-reviewed journal articles. He holds graduate degrees from Georgetown University, Golden Gate University, and DePaul University. Dr. Johnson is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society and a Life Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleGlobal Studies in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byRichard Greggory Johnson
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.