All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionHow has fashion mirrored the social and cultural changes that have taken place in modern China? To what extent has fashion contributed to those changes? This book provides the first comprehensive account of modern Chinese fashion from 1978 to the present day. The post-Mao era witnessed the birth of the Chinese market ecomy, the reawakening of Chinese fashion, and the rejuvenation of Chinese society. The program of ecomic reform turned China into the world's leading manufacturing powerhouse, and the Chinese fashion industry w plays a key international role. During the same period, Western companies discovered China as a significant market for branded fashion and luxury goods. This book, which takes a chrological approach, offers an analysis of the development of the Chinese fashion industry as well as an analysis of the relationship between dress, gender, identity and consumption in contemporary China. As such it will be welcomed by all students of fashion and textiles.
- Author BiographyJuanjuan Wu is Assistant Professor in the Department of Design, Housing, & Apparel at the University of Minnesota. She has written extensively on Chinese fashion and dress. She is former editor and journalist of Dadushi (Metropolis), a fashion magazine in Shanghai.
- Author(s)Juanjuan Wu
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleDress, Body, Culture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note50 b&w illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight366 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.