All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionA user-friendly guide to the self-defense techniques for each of the belts Orange, Purple, Blue, Green in clear, concise, easy to follow descriptions. A must have for every martial artist's library.
- Author BiographyDr. David Eckstein Goldman received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973 from the University of Illinois. He then attended Washington University School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctorate Degree in 1976. From 1976 until beginning medical school in 1987, he served as secretary-treasurer and corporate legal counsel for Central Industries, Inc., the parent company for a diversified scrap processing, new steel warehousing, office supply/ interior design, and transportation company. In 1987, he entered medical school at the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, graduating in 1991. Dr. Goldman completed a traditional transitional rotating internship at the Kirksville Osteopathic Medical Center in Kirksville, Missouri, in 1992, then began his residency training in Psychiatry at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. He completed his residency training in 1996 and transitioned into his Fellowship training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, completing it in 1997 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He returned to Springfield, Illinois, establishing his practice in psychiatry as the Medical Director for The Goldman Group, LLC.. He also serves as professor at both Southern Illinois University Medical School in Springfield, Illinois, and the ATSU/ Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. Dr. Goldman was the 2001 recipient of the Max Gutensohn Professor of the Year Award at ATSU/Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, and in 2001 was also awarded the Order of Merlin Shield by the International Brotherhood of Magicians. In 2007, he was one of 18 psychiatrists selected from among the nation's physicians to receive the NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award presented at the international meeting of the American Psychiatric Association. During Dr. Goldman's undergraduate studies he became fascinated with martial arts and trained intensively in Shotokan Karate. Also in Champaign, Illinois he studied Aikido. During Law School, he continued his karate study and studied Tai Chi Chuan. After graduating Law School, Dr. Goldman trained in martial arts weaponry. Then Dr. Goldman immersed himself in Chinese Kenpo and competed regularly in tournaments both in empty hand and weapons. Dr. Goldman wrote and taught a course in self-defense (Beginning Self-Defense Manual also available from Amazon and Createspace). Dr. Goldman's books take that which is complex and makes it simple.
- Author(s)David Eckstein Goldman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.