All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive, introductory book covers the essentials of Chinese massage (Tui na), including the fundamental principles of Chinese medicine, and the 20 basic massage techniques. It also includes treatment advice for 12 common ailments, so that the reader can practice what he or she has learnt to good effect. The book covers: * Instruction on 20 specialized massage techniques * How to locate over 50 points to treat specific problems * How to combine massage with Qi Gong for maximum energy and wellbeing * Step-by-step treatments for common colds, lower back pain, sciatica and more * Clear photographs, diagrams and charts The author provides key information in clear, easy to refer to tables and diagrams, making this also an excellent reference for students, and practitioners of related disciplines.
- Author BiographySarah Pritchard, Lic Ac., MBAcC. Dip Tui na (Nanjing) MRTCM, was one of the first Westerners to practice Tui na in the UK. She trained in both the UK and in Nanjing, China, and has been working as a professional Tui na practitioner and acupuncturist since 1994. She is the Tui na course co-ordinator and senior lecturer at the City College of Acupuncture, and the founder and director of Blackheath Complementary Health Centre, London. She is the chair and a founder member of the UK Register of Tui na Chinese Massage.
- Author(s)Sarah Pritchard
- PublisherSinging Dragon
- Date of Publication07/12/2009
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSarah Pritchard
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Foreword byLi He
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.