All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQigong is one of the most important aspects of traditional Chinese culture and medicine. In recent years, Qigong therapy has attracted more and more attention from modern medicine and science and is w widely applied in clinical settings to treat illness and promote well-being. Chinese Medical Qigong is the first English translation of the only official textbook of medical Qigong, w in its third edition, used in colleges and universities of traditional Chinese medicine in China. Correlating the traditional therapies of Qigong with the most recent outcomes of modern scientific research, it is the authoritative introduction to the kwledge system and content of Qigong study. This textbook will be an essential tool for medical students and healthcare professionals working in complementary and alternative therapies as well as for all those seeking a better understanding of the beneficial medical applications of Qigong.
- Author BiographyEditor in Chief: Tianjun Liu, O.M.D., is Director of the Qigong research laboratory at Beijing University of Chinese Medicine where he has taught Qigong for more than twenty years. He is also secretary general of the National Qigong Education and Study Association, secretary general of China Academic Society of Medical Qigong, and the only government approved academic mentor for Ph.D. candidates in the field of medical Qigong in China. For the past decade, Dr. Liu has been Editor in Chief of Qigong Study in Chinese Medicine, the only official Qigong textbook used in universities and colleges of traditional Chinese medicine in China. Associate Editor in Chief: Kevin W Chen, Ph.D., is an associate professor at the Center for Integrative Medicine and the Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine. Educated at top universities in both China and the U.S., and with a Ph.D. in research psychology and statistics, Dr. Chen has many years' experience and training in blending Eastern and Western perspectives. As a long-term practitioner of Qigong, Dr. Chen is one of the few scientists to have a hands-on knowledge of Qigong practice and be actively involved in scientific Qigong research. Dr. Chen is currently funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other foundations to conduct clinical studies into the feasibility and efficacy of applying Qigong and meditative therapy in the treatment of arthritis, addiction, and anxiety disorders. English Language Consulting Editors: Kenneth S. Cohen, M.A., M.S.Th. (Qigong Research & Practice Center); Linda Nadia Hole, M.D. (Integrative Medicine Physician); Roger Jahnke, O.M.D., L.Ac. (Institute of Integral Qigong and Tai Chi); Lyn B. Lowry, Ph.D., L.Ac. (University of Maryland); Sharon Montes, M.D. (Integrative Medicine Physician); Douglas Wile, Ph.D. (Brooklyn College of CUNY).
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1687 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byKevin Chen,Tianjun Liu
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.