All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe author explores the multifaceted lives of many Chinese students and scholars in North American universities. Beginning with a discussion of their prior education in China from 1949 to the present, the author describes how some studied English in China, others studied in the United States, and how hard they worked to aquire English proficiency. Chinese students' and scholars' academic performance, achievements, and activities are provided, as well as research on their cognitive styles of field independence, scanning, category width, auditory and visual learning styles, and idealist and analyst thinking styles. This book also depicts their personal experiences as well as those of their families. Many of those participating in these studies made tremendous effort and sacrifice to succeed. The author's research has made a significant contribution to the study of international and multicultural education.
- Author BiographyJIANYI HUANG, Ph.D, received her pre-college and college education in China and came to the United States for advanced studies./e She has taught in higher education in both China and the United States and is currently a special education teacher in an American high school. Dr. Huang is author of several articles on comparative education and cognitive and thinking styles.
- Author(s)Jianyi Huang
- Date of Publication30/08/1997
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.