All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust how much has changed in Chippenham over the decades is clear when you consider that Edward Hutton described 1920s Chippenham as 'one of the sleepiest places in England'. Today, the busy cattle traders in the Market Place of the 1890s and Chippenham's tiny 1930s cottage hospital on London Road have w disappeared, but the town's thriving population is at its highest-ever level, its beautiful historic buildings are more in demand than ever, and new industries, buildings and roads are appearing all the time. In this fascinating book, local historian Mike Stone compares archive images of Chippenham with modern photographs of the same scenes today, chronicling the changing appearance of the town and unveiling a wealth of historic detail and stalgic memories sure to captivate local residents and history enthusiasts alike.
- Author BiographyMIKE STONE is a keen local historian who for ten years was the curator of Chippenham Museum and Heritage Centre. He is the author of a number of titles, including Chippenham in Old Photographs for the History Press.
- Author(s)Mike Stone
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.44Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.