All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionChloe's Voice is a new concept in learning and is considered to be the way forward for foundation stage and Key Stage 1 staff. Working through the principle of 'learning through story', this book allows the teacher to assess at what level the child is at whilst the child is reading the book or being read to. The reader will accompany Chloe and Ryan on their adventure to find Chloe's lost voice, meeting characters such as Topsy Turvey (where the text is upside down) or Capital Major (who shouts in Capital Letters). Characters such as Pause and Quizzy will teach children the correct use of full stops and question marks. All this whilst the teacher gets a clearer understanding of the child's reading behaviour. There are tes for parents in the classroom book and a teacher's Guidance Notes book accompanies Set A and B.
- Author BiographyClive Davies has a vast experience in Primary education, covering Ofsted inspections, consultancies, headteaching and as a classroom practitioner. He has led inspections in more than a 100 schools. He has vast experience of analysing school's self-evaluations and works at supporting senior management teams in helping to construct purposeful self-evaluation procedures.One Headteacher wrote 'you may note that one of the outstanding grades in our recent OfSTED, was for Self Evaluation - procedures based on guidance from yourself and Focus'Whilst a headteacher Clive's school gained a National Curriculum award and his school was featured in the Times Educational Supplement as one of 3 recognised for its quality practice. Clive is well known nationally and internationally having worked in schools throughout England and Wales as well as Dubai, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Greece, Turkey, Holland, Germany and SpainClive's best known publication 'Raising Standards by Setting Targets has been purchased by more than half of all primary schools in this country. Remarks like, 'You have helped to shape our thinking', and 'Your publications have made a real difference to our school' are frequently used on monitoring forms. His other publications include monitoring guidance on individual subjects as well as the nationally acclaimed, 'Chloe's Voice' recommended as a wonderful resource within the National Literacy Strategy's approach to punctuation.
- Author(s)Clive Davies
- PublisherFocus Education UK Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationScouthead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocus Education UK Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height180 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jane Pugh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.