All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe delectable journey into the world of chocolate--by the award-winning author of Olives Science, over recent years, has confirmed what chocolate lovers have always kwn: the stuff is actually good for you. It's the Valentine's Day drug of choice, has more antioxidants than red wine, and triggers the same brain responses as falling in love. Nothing, in the end, can stand up to chocolate as a basic fundament to human life.In this scintillating narrative, acclaimed foodie Mort Rosenblum delves into the complex world of chocolate. From the mole pobla (chile-laced chicken with chocolate) of ancient Mexico to the contemporary French chocolatiers who produce the palets d'or (bite-sized, gold-flecked bricks of dark chocolate) to the vast empires of Hershey, Godiva, and Valrhona, Rosenblum follows the chocolate trail the world over. He visits cacao plantations; meets with growers, buyers, makers, and tasters; and investigates the dark side of the chocolate trade as well as the enduring appeal of its product. Engaging, entertaining, and revealing, Chocolate: A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light is an intriguing foray into this food of the gods.
- Author BiographyMort Rosenblum was a special correspondent to the Associated Press and an editor of the International Herald Tribune. He is the author of, most recently, A Goose in Toulouse and Olives (both FSG). He lives in Paris, France.
- Author(s)Mort Rosenblum
- PublisherNorth Point Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Point Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.