Choosing Hope: Moving Forward from Life's Darkest Hours by Kaitlin Roig-Debellis, Robin Gaby Fisher (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.01+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<b><b> [S]tirring...a bold, inspiring and ultimately hopeful book. </b><b> --Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post and author of the </b><i>New York Times</i><b> bestseller </b><i>Thrive</b>Kaitlin Roig-Debellis is the first-grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School who saved her entire class of fifteen six- and-seven-year-olds from the tragic events that took place on December 14, 2012, by piling them into a single-occupancy bathroom within her classroom, mere feet from the brutal and indiscriminate massacre taking place outside the door. Since then, despite the unimaginably painful experiences she endured, she has chosen to share her experience with others, in the hope that they too can find light in dark moments. <i>Choosing Hope</i> is a lot of things. A written witness to a tragedy that will never be forgotten. A gripping firsthand testament to the power of good over the power of destruction. An inspirational memoir by a brave young woman whose story is one of courage, heroism, faith, and resilience. And a celebration of all the people who make the choice to pass along their hope and positivity to young ones parents, mentors, and especially teachers. There is moving on, but there is always moving forward. And how we move forward is a choice. <b> [M]oving -Wally Lamb, New York Times bestselling author of<i>We Are Water</i>and<i>She s Come Undone</i> [B]rave -Karen Armstrong, New York Times bestselling author of<i>Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life</i>and<i>The History of God</i> Although w I have witnessed the worst of mankind, instead of feeling bitter or regretful I have chosen to embrace gratitude. I believe in the power of kindness, the influence of educators and mentors, faith and God, and most of all I believe in humanity.Bad things happen to all of us, things that test us and impact us and change us, but it is t those moments that define us. It is how we choose to react to them that does. Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis</b>
- Author Biography<b>Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis</b> is the founder of the nonprofit Classes 4 Classes, Inc and an inspirational speaker for teachers andorganizationsacross the country. Previously, she was a first-grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Roig-DeBellis contributes to a biweekly educational blog for <i>The Huffington Post </i>and has been honored as a <i>Glamour</i> magazine Woman of the Year and chosen as a L Oreal Paris Women of Worth. In 2013, she received two honorary doctorate degrees and the Dedicated Teacher Award from The Chicago International Conference on Education.
- Author(s)Kaitlin Roig-Debellis,Robin Gaby Fisher
- PublisherG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Weight363 g
- Width145 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.