All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionBecoming a nurse is a life-changing process and making the decision to study nursing at university is the first step. This short guide will help you decide whether it is the right move for you, give you an idea of which field of nursing might suit you best and provide useful tips for making a successful application. Outlining the academic and clinical support that students can expect during their study, the stresses that they may face, how placements work and the role of the NMC for student nurses, this book includes a wide range of testimonials from nursing students as well as practising nurses. Most importantly, it shows what is unique about each of the different fields, which include children's nursing, adult nursing, mental health nursing, learning disability and defence nursing. It also looks at what all of these areas have in common - what makes nursing nursing and what makes nursing special. With a final section looking to the future, with tips for getting your first job and highlighting nursing opportunities around the globe, this is the must-have, -nsense career advice book for all those considering nursing as a career option or waiting to start their nursing course or indeed for those nurses who are wishing to return to the nursing profession.
- Author BiographyCathy Poole has over 33 years' experience in health and education. She has held positions in adult orthopaedics, children's nursing, nursing management, the private sector and the higher education sector. Her main area of interest is renal nursing and she maintains her clinical professional development as a Bank Staff Nurse at a Children's Hospice.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables, 41 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCathy Poole
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.