All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionChoosing Success focuses on how good decision-making skills determine success in all aspects of life.From study skills to money management, Choosing Success applies active and service learning techniquesas well as the 5C decision-making model to prepare students for success. By incorporating a decision-making focus into every chapter, Choosing Success emphasizes accountabilityand conveys to students how important they are in their own success. Students do t merely become successful, but rather they choose to be successful. Choice starts with the decision to acquire a secondary education, and from then on everything studentsdo is based on their decision-making skills. The more they practice good decision making, themore control they have over their successes and failures. Choosing Success is unique in that it providesstudents with a process for decision making as well as numerous opportunities to think through thechoices and decisions they face as a college student-and beyond.
- Author BiographyRhonda Holt Atkinson is originally from Arkansas. She taught first-year students at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge for 20 years, at Central Missouri State University (CMSU) for about 7 years, and is now a professor of education at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida. In addition to this textbook, she has written many other college textbooks in reading and study skills with Debbie Guice Longman and worked on a variety of other writing projects, such as workplace learning in industrial construction trades, ESL health curricula for low-literate adults, after-school programs on museums in Louisiana for middle school students, and curriculum evaluation projects for the U.S. Army and Northrop Grumman. Debbie Guice Longman hails from Louisiana. She taught first-year students at Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge for about 10 years, where she met Rhonda Holt Atkinson. She is currently a professor at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Louisiana, about 45 miles from New Orleans, where she has taught for almost 20 years. In addition to this textbook, she and Rhonda Atkinson have co-authored many other college textbooks in reading and study skills and consulted on a variety of other projects, including high school and university curricula, workplace learning in industrial construction trades, and career school in- services. Dr. Longman is a certified Quality Matters (QM) Master Trainer.
- Author(s)Debbie Guice Longman,Rhonda Holt Atkinson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudent Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight739 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.