Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.39Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by helenafashions
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Susan Richards agrees to take on one of the abused horses just rescued by the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, a new chapter opens in her turbulent life. Caring for this astonishingly trusting creature, she begins a relationship that will change her view of the world. Susan Richards lost her mother at the age of five and was raised by uncaring relatives; married unhappily and divorced, she had also become an alcoholic. At forty-three, she found herself living with just horses for company- the diva-like Georgia, boyish Tempo and hopeless romantic, Hotshot. While Susan is vainly attempting to capture the rescued horse assigned to her, a skeletal mare called Lay Me Down walks into the horse trailer of her own volition. Susan takes her home, and this broken and badly treated animal proves to her that trust is t just for dreamers. Beautifully-written, poignant, and often sharply funny, this memoir is an inspiring must-read for anyone who has ever loved a horse, and anyone who has ever lost their way in life.
- Author BiographySusan Richards has a BA in English from the University of Colorado and a Master of Social Work degree from Adelphi University. She lives in Olivebridge, New York, with three dogs, two cats and four horses.
- Author(s)Susan Richards
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2008
- Weight231 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- menturoi30 Oct, 2013by
It was a very well written book, based on true life experience. Brought me to tears in part. Would certainly recommend anyone to read it if u love animals.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.