All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHistorians and theologians alike have long recognized that at the heart of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation were five declarations (or solas ) that distinguished the movement from other expressions of the Christian faith. Five hundred years later, we live in a different time with fresh challenges to our faith. Yet these rallying cries of the Reformation continue to speak to us, addressing a wide range of contemporary issues. The Five Solas series will help you understand the historical and biblical context of the five solas and how to live out the relevance of Reformation theology today. In Christ Alone, Stephen Wellum considers Christ's singular uniqueness and significance biblically, historically, and today, in our pluralistic and postmodern age. He examines the historical roots of the doctrine, especially in the Reformation era, and then shows how the uniqueness of Christ has come under specific attack today. Then, he walks us through the storyline of Scripture, from Christ's unique identity and work as prophet, priest, and king, to the application of his work to believers and our covenantal union with him to show that apart from Christ there is salvation. Wellum shows that we must recover a robust biblical and theological doctrine of Christ's person and work in the face of today's challenges and explains why a fresh appraisal of the Reformation understanding of Christ alone is needed today.
- Author BiographyStephen Wellum is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of Kingdom through Covenant (Crossway). He is also the author of a forthcoming volume on Christology in the Foundations of Evangelical Theology series (Crossway). He is also writing a systematic theology that will be published around 2017 (B&H Academic). Matthew Barrett is Tutor of Systematic Theology and Church History at Oak Hill Theological College in London. He is the executive editor of Credo Magazine, as well as the author and editor of several books, including Salvation by Grace, Four Views on the Historical Adam, and Owen on the Christian Life.
- Author(s)Stephen J. Wellum
- Date of Publication23/02/2017
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleThe Five Solas Series
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- Weight303 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Series Edited byMatthew Barrett
- Foreword byMichael Reeves
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.