All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionMaking good moral choices should t be difficult, says Fr. Al McBride in this thoughtful book. In Christ Our Compass, he focuses on the moral teachings of the Church as found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (Part Three, Life in Christ), emphasizing throughout that at the heart of these teachings is the love of God for humankind. Above all, a deep sense of joy and grace is woven throughout the course of this book. The book guides with a gentle hand in discussing topics such as sin and moral sense; family values; medical and moral issues; war; the death penalty; sexuality; honesty; grace and joy; the Church as teacher; and the Beatitudes. It offers contemporary examples of situations where moral choices were made, pointing out the relationship of actions taken to the teachings of the Church. It touches on the Ten Commandments as cornerstones of a moral life, while encouraging consideration of the Great Commandment as the guidestar in our choices. Christ Our Compass is a practical, faith-filled look at living rightly. It will be of great benefit to all who seek to live a Christian life guided by the compassionate example of Jesus and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Author BiographyAlfred McBride, O.Praem., a Norbertine priest, holds a diploma in catechetics from Lumen Vitae, Brussels, and a doctorate in religious education from the Catholic University of America. He presents retreats and workshops throughout the United States, and is featured on numerous television and radio programs. Other books by Fr. McBride include Holding Jesus: Reflections on Mary, the Mother of God ; Staying Faithful Today: To God, Ourselves, One Another ; and A Priest Forever: Nine Signs of Renewal and Hope.
- Author(s)Alfred McBride
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Weight181 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.