All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the rich tradition of the Anglo-Saxon Church of the sixth, seventh, and eighth centuries, Benedicta Ward has selected prayers and passages for meditation from both Latin and Anglo-Saxon sources. The mixture of Latin and Celtic Christian cultures, distilled and appropriated by the Germanic Anglo-Saxons, produced a distinctive English spiritual tradition which embraced kings and princesses, abbesses and monks, cowherds and poets, soldiers and beggars, and birds and animals. It is possible through these passages to walk with these men and women as friends and see how their lives became filled with the life of Christ, in pain and desolation as well as in wonder, love, and praise. ' Benedicta Ward is Reader in Spirituality at Harris Mansfield College Oxford, and a member of the Community of the Sisters of the Love of God. Among her many books are The Venerable Bede, andHigh King of Heaven, Aspects of Early English Spirituality.
- Author BiographyBenedicta Ward is Reader in the History of Christian Spirituality in the University of Oxford. Her most recent book is Anselm of Canterbury: His Life and Legacy (SPCK 2009). She is a member of the Anglican monastic community of the Sisters of the Love of God.
- PublisherCistercian Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleCistercian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number213
- Place of PublicationKalamazoo, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCistercian Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width108 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.