Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book starts with a general introduction by Jurgen Becker, and continues with a study of the interaction of Jesus with the world around him by Christoph Burchard. Varieties of early Christianity are illuminated in an examination of the oldest Jewish-Christian community by Carsten Colpe; The Circle of Stephen and Its Mission, by Karl Loning; and Paul and His Churches, by Jurgen Becker. Starting from the gospels, John K. Riches explores The Syptic Evangelists and Their Communities. Post-Pauline Christianity and Pagan society are analyzed by Peter Lampe and Ulrich Luz. Apocalyptic Currents are reviewed by Ulrich B. Muller, and finally C. Kingsley Barrett delineates Johannine Christianity.
- Author BiographyJurgen Becker is Professor Emeritus of New Testament and Jewish Studies at Christian-Albrechts University in Kiel, Germany.
- Author(s)Jurgen Becker
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/1993
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight21 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byJurgen Becker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.