All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionSo ends the first chapter of this brilliantly readable counterfactual vel, reminding us that America's Christian fundamentalists have been consistently clear about their vision for a Christian Nation and dead serious about acquiring the political power to achieve it. When President McCain dies and Sarah Palin becomes president, the reader, along with the nation, stumbles down a terrifyingly credible path toward theocracy, realizing too late that the Christian right meant precisely what it said. In the spirit of Philip Roth's The Plot Against America, one of America's foremost lawyers lays out in chilling detail what such a future might look like: constitutional protections dismantled; all aspects of life dominated by an authoritarian law called The Blessing, enforced by a totally integrated digital world kwn as the Purity Web. Readers will find themselves haunted by the questions the narrator struggles to answer in this fictional memoir: What happened, why did it happen, how could it have happened?
- Author BiographyFrederic C. Rich, an eminent international corporate lawyer and environmental leader, is the author of the dystopian political novel Christian Nation. He lives in Manhattan and the Hudson Valley of New York.
- Author(s)Frederic C. Rich
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight580 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.