All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a study that digs deeply into this 'other' slavery, the bondage of Europeans by North-African Muslims that flourished during the same centuries as the heyday of the trans-Atlantic trade from sub-Saharan Africa to the Americas. Here are explored the actual extent of Barbary Coast slavery, the dynamic relationship between master and slave, and the effects of this slaving on Italy, one of the slave takers' primary targets and victims.
- Author BiographyROBERT C. DAVIS is a Professor of Italian Social History at the Ohio State University. He has previously researched and written on gender in Renaissance Italian cities, on the shipbuilders of the Venetian state arsenal, on various forms of sport in Renaissance Venice, and on past and present-day tourism in Venice.
- Author(s)Robert C. Davis
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication16/09/2003
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleEarly Modern History: Society and Culture
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight360 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.