All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 2 of Christianity and Freedom illuminates how Christian mirities and transnational Christian networks contribute to the freedom and flourishing of societies across the globe, even amidst pressure and violent persecution. Featuring unprecedented field research by some of the world's most distinguished scholars, it documents the outsized role of Christians in promoting human rights and religious freedom; fighting injustice; stimulating ecomic equality; providing education, social services, and health care; and nurturing democratic civil society. Readers will come away surprised and sobered to learn how this very Christian link to freedom often invites persecution. What are the dimensions of persecution and how are Christians responding to that pressure? What resources - theological, social, or transnational - do they marshal in leavening their societies? What will be lost if the Christian presence is marginalized? The answers to these questions are of crucial relevance in a world awash with religious extremism and deepening instability.
- Author BiographyAllen D. Hertzke is an internationally recognized scholar of religion and politics. He is author of Freeing God's Children: The Unlikely Alliance for Global Human Rights and editor of The Future of Religious Freedom. A past fellow for the Pew Research Center, he directed the study, 'Lobbying for the Faithful: Religious Advocacy Groups in Washington DC'. He is a member of the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences. Timothy Samuel Shah is associate director of the Religious Freedom Project at the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs and Associate Professor of the Practice of Religion and Global Politics at Georgetown University, Washington DC. He is the author, most recently, of Religious Freedom: Why Now?: Defending an Embattled Human Right and God's Century: Resurgent Religion and Global Politics (with Monica Duffy Toft and Daniel Philpott).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw and Christianity
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 1 map 34 tables
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byAllen D. Hertzke,Timothy Samuel Shah
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.