All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis collective work challenges readers with questions like: Is secularization a useful concept in understanding the long-term dynamics of religiosity in Eastern Europe? Is the picture of oppression and resistance an accurate way to characterize religious life under communism, or did Christians and communists find ways to co-exist on the local level prior to 1989? And what role did Christians actually play in dissident movements under communism? Perhaps most important is the question: what does the study of Eastern Europe contribute to the broader study of modern Christian history, and what can we learn from the interpretative problems that arise, uniquely, from this region?
- Author BiographyBruce R. Berglund, Calvin College, Michigan Brian Porter-Szucs, University of Michigan
- PublisherCentral European University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationBudapest
- Country of PublicationHungary
- ImprintCentral European University Press
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byBrian Porter-Szucs,Bruce R. Berglund
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.