All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable for the first time since its original publication more than fifty years ago, Christmas at Cold Comfort Farm is a charming collection whose hilarious title story features Christmas dinner with the Starkadders before Flora's arrival. With Adam playing Santa while draped in Mrs. Starkadders's shawls, the family shares their traditional Christmas pudding -a melange containing random objects of doom foretelling the coming year: a coffin nail for death, a bad sixpence for financial ruin, and a menthol cone to indicate that the lucky recipient will go blind wi' headache. These lively tales will delight anyone who loves Stella Gibbons and her signature wit.
- Author BiographyStella Gibbons (1902-1989) was a prolific novelist, poet, and short-story writer. Born in London, she married the actor and singer, Allan Webb, and worked for various newspapers, including The Evening Standard.
- Author(s)Stella Gibbons
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byProfessor of Medical Law Alexander McCall Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.