All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn an Oregon hospital, John Sapelalut's doctor tells him that he has serious heart disease and that he should make amends and arrangements with his island family. Ever pragmatic and realistic, John decides that he will spend his last days surrounded by family and friends, and enjoy his beloved ocean until the last minute. Christmas is just a few months away, so John asks his daughter and wife to round up the rest of the family for a joyous holiday season on his home island of Ulithi in Yap State. John is a highly respected teacher and scientist, and along with the family members attending, friends, former students and colleagues come for the most memorable celebration that the islanders of Ulithi have ever experienced...but simultaneously, the islands are slammed by a major tropical storm of typhoon severity. John faces his destiny and the high winds head-on.
- Author BiographyJoe Race continues to enjoy his retirement from law enforcement and is writing full-time about his former police days in Los Angeles, Seattle, and Kosovo. He does volunteer work with the American Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity in the Philippines and Cambodia. He lives on Saipan with his wife, Salve, and three children.
- Author(s)Joe Race
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.