All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionChristology is an area hotly debated among New Testament scholars and Theologians. This new Guide for the Perplexed leads the reader through the arguments, debates and definitions to produce a fascinating guide to the subject.Christology, the study of the nature and person of Christ, is a confusing and complex subject for even the most advanced student. Hotly debated from the origins of the early church, the subject caused the first major schism with the Christian church.Today, Christology is of concern to both New Testament scholars and Theologians alike and continues to provoke debate within the Church. In this Guide for the Perplexed , Alan Spence guides the reader through the maze of arguments to give a clear understanding of this subject. After an introduction providing a basic definition of Christology, Spence examines the key debates and defining moments in the early Church and the Reformation. This historical background provides an essential foundation on which to outline later developments in Christology. Later chapters consider the Quest for the Historical Jesus, and the work of the major theologians in this area including Barth and Schleiermacher and from the present day, NT Wright and Pannenberg. Spence concludes by looking at contemporary arguments within the field of Christology.Continuum's Guides for the Perplexed are clear, concise and accessible introductions to thinkers, writers and subjects that students and readers can find especially challenging - or indeed downright bewildering. Concentrating specifically on what it is that makes the subject difficult to grasp, these books explain and explore key themes and ideas, guiding the reader towards a thorough understanding of demanding material.
- Author BiographyDr Alan Spence has been a teacher in Harare, an evangelist in the South African townships, a human rights advocate in Zimbabwe and Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa. He is now a minister in the United Reformed Church serving two congregations in London, UK.
- Author(s)Alan Spence
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.