All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican born and raised, Christopher Benninger is one of India's most highly decorated architects. His career spans four decades in prominent roles: as an institution builder, professor, United Nations and World Bank consultant advising many governments, pioneering expert in social planning and low cost housing for the less privileged in Jamnagar, Chennai, Hyderabad, and several other cities, and master architect, designing many modern institutions nurturing development in India. His award winning projects include the Mahindra United World College of India, Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, YMCA Camp Site at Nilshi, Suzlon One Earth, and his own studio residence India House in Pune. Graduating in architecture from Harvard University where he later taught, Benninger completed further studies in urban planning at MIT and settled in India in 1971, founding the School of Planning in Ahmedabad where he remains an active distinguished professor. His name appears alongside Geoffrey Bawa, Charles Correa, and Balkrishna Doshi as one of the few recipients of the Great Master Architect Award in India presented every three years.
- Author BiographyRamprasad Akkisetti is the managing director of Christopher Charles Benninger Architects Private Limited (CCBA), one of India s premier architectural firms, and founder of India House Art Gallery in Pune, dedicated to master artists. Rosa Maria Falvo is a writer and curator.
- Author(s)Ramprasad Akkisetti,Rosa Maria Falvo
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note350 colour illustrations
- Weight2790 g
- Width250 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.