Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionH.L. Hix's newest poetry book, Chromatic, bears as its epigraph the philosopher Baruch de Spiza's assertion that desire is the very nature or essence of every single individual. The three sequences of poems in Chromatic test that claim. Each has a borrowed title: Remarks on Color from Ludwig Wittgenstein, Eighteen Maniacs from Duke Ellington, and The Well-Tempered Clavier from J.S. Bach. Exploiting those predecessors, the poems in Chromatic explore the full range of effects caused by human desire, from ecstasy to suffering. Chromatic was a National Book Award fi nalist for poetry in 2006.
- Author BiographyH. L. Hix teaches in and directs the creative writing MFA at the University of Wyoming. In addition to his books from Etruscan, he has published a number of other books of poetry, poetry in translation, and criticism. His poetry has been recognized with the Grolier Prize, the T. S. Eliot Prize, and the Peregrine Smith Award.
- Author(s)H L Hix
- PublisherEtruscan Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEtruscan Press
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.