Chronic Kidney Disease: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Management by Oxford University Press (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.72+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionChronic kidney disease (CKD) is rapidly becoming a global healthcare problem, with an estimated 10% of the general population affected. As a result, it is becoming increasingly important that primary care physicians and general physicians as well as aspiring nephrologists, have a firm understanding of CKD as well as access to the key information. Practical and highly-accessible, this book provides a comprehensive guide to the understanding and management of patients with CKD. It offers both primary care physicians and n-nephrology specialists an introduction to and insights into the disease. The emphasis is on practical guidance and a focused approach to a number of key topics in the field including epidemiology, diagsis and management, and the impact of CKD on chronic, n-communicable disease. This is a unique contribution by internationally-rewned experts in the CKD field to update primary care physicians and n-specialists on major issues in this growing global healthcare problem.
- Author BiographyProfessor El Nahas qualified as a doctor from Geneva Medical School, Switzerland, before training in London (Royal Postgraduate Medical School), Boston (Massachussetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School) and Paris. He has been Consultant Nephrologist at the Sheffield Kidney Institute since 1986 and was appointed to the inaugural Chair of Nephrology at the University of Sheffield in 1996. He is a leading international expert in the field of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) with major contribution to support the study of CKD in the emerging world. He has in excess of 150 publications on the subject. He sits on a number of national and international nephrology committees including some of the International Society of Nephrology. He was the founding member and chair of International committee of the British Renal Association. He is currently on the editorial board of a number of nephrology journals and is the editor of Nephron Clinical Practice. Dr Levin is a professor of medicine and consultant nephrologist at the University of British Columbia, and St Paul's Hospital, in Vancouver, Canada. She has had a long-standing interest in chronic kidney disease, and optimizing the outcomes of patients with early CKD and CVD. She is an educator and a clinical researcher, and is also involved in administrative aspects of program administration at the government level in British Columbia. She has mentored numerous young investigators, both locally and internationally, and is a member of Canadian and international guideline groups as well as the editorial boards of major kidney journals. In addition, she has over 160 publications in peer reviewed journals.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Clinical Nephrology Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note14 black and white illustrations
- Weight469 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAdeera Levin,Meguid El Nahas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.