All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been over 60 years since the last guide to the care of church linens and textiles was published and despite being used to a greater or lesser degree in every parish church, popular kwledge of their proper use and care is diminishing. This welcome and straightforward guide provides practical advice with helpful illustrations on the use and care of all church linen and textiles. Part One explains the use, care and repair of all the main items of linen used at the altar, including textile coverings, frontals, pulpit and lectern falls. Part Two describes the use of vestments and garments, how and when they are worn, and their proper storage and care. Part Three offers a complete guide to cleaning fabrics, natural and synthetic; what to wash and what to dry clean, and how to remove common spills and stains such as candle wax and flower pollen. Part Four offers a directory of sources and advice on the storage and disposal of church textiles.
- Author BiographyMargery Roberts is Secretary of the Society of the Faith.
- Author(s)Margery Roberts
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nicholas Elder
- Foreword byChristopher Chessun
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.