All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThey re called The Dones. After devoting a lifetime to their churches, they re walking away. Why? Sociologists Josh Packard and Ashleigh Hope reveal the results of a major study about the exodus from the American church. And what they ve discovered may surprise you... Church refugees aren t who you d expect. Among those scrambling for the exits are the church s staunchest supporters and leaders. Leaving the church doesn t mean abandoning the faith. Some who are done with church report they ve never felt spiritually stronger. The door still remains open a crack. Those who ve left remain hungry for community and the chance to serve and they re finding both. Sifting through hundreds of hours of in-depth interviews, Packard and Hope provide illuminating insights into what has become a major shift in the American landscape. If you re in the church, discover the major reasons your church may be in danger of losing its strongest members and what you can do to keep them. If you re among those done with church, look for your story to be echoed here. You re t alone and at last you re understood. Share your story at TheDones.com
- Author BiographyJosh Packard is a professor of sociology at the University of Northern Colorado, co-director of the Social Research Lab, and the author of numerous academic articles, reviews, and books. He s also an active church member with a deep desire to understand the phenomenon of widespread church decline. Ashleigh Hope is earning a doctorate in sociology at Vanderbilt University where she researches religion, community, and health. She is a member of a church in Nashville.
- Author(s)Ashleigh Hope,Josh Packard
- Date of Publication18/05/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight363 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.