All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionIn Church and Society in Hungary and in the Hungarian Diaspora, Nandor Dreisziger tells the story of Christianity in Hungary and the Hungarian diaspora from its earliest years until the present. Beginning with the arrival of Christianity in the middle Danube basin, Dreisziger follows the fortunes of the Hungarians' churches through the troubled times of the Middle Ages, the years of Ottoman and Habsburg domination, and the turmoil of the twentieth century: wars, revolutions, foreign occupations, and totalitarian rule. Complementing this detailed history of religious life in Hungary, Dreisziger describes the fate of the churches of Hungarian mirities in countries that received territories from the old Kingdom of Hungary after the First World War. He also tells the story of the rise, halcyon days, and decline of organized religious life among Hungarian immigrants to Western Europe, the Americas, and elsewhere. The definitive guide to the dramatic history of Hungary's churches, Church and Society in Hungary and in the Hungarian Diaspora chronicles their proud past and speculates about their uncertain future.
- Author BiographyNandor Dreisziger is a professor emeritus in the Department of History at the Royal Military College of Canada and a founding editor of Hungarian Studies Review.
- Author(s)Nandor Dreisziger
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight1140 g
- Width190 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine37 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.