All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionContributions by churches to public discourse have become disconnected from the fabric of communal relationships in which Christians stand by virtue of the reconciling work of God in Jesus Christ. We argue individualistically, legally, ideologically, but seldom as members of a body for whom relationships of basic trust with others are fundamental. This book seeks a strategy for recovering these missing connections. The heart of the argument is that churches need to recover the vocation of providing primary moral formation, of shaping people's moral identity, long before politicized policy arguments begin.
- Author BiographyLewis S Mudge is the Robert Leighton Stuart Professor of Theology Emeritus, and former Dean of the Faculty at San Francisco Theological Seminary. He continues to teach theology, ethics and ecumenics at the Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, California, USA.
- Author(s)Lewis S. Mudge
- PublisherWorld Council of Churches (WCC Publications)
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGeneva
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintWorld Council of Churches (WCC Publications)
- Weight324 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.