All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSir Winston Churchill, voted the greatest Briton of all time, died 50 years ago on January 24th 1965. Born on November 30th 1874, he entered Parliament in 1900 and dom-inated political life for over half a century until his retirement in 1955. His leadership of the British people in the Second World War (when he was Prime Minister from 1940 to 1945) was in inspiration to them and the free world and remains a period of defining historical importance. His career would have been a significant one even had he t become Prime Minister in 1940 (as he also won the Nobel Prize for Literature) and he went on to play a major political role for ather ten years after 1945 serving again as the country's premier from 1951 to 1955. Noted Churchill historian Ian S. Wood assesses his character and achievements in this 50th anniversary edition which offers a remark- able visual record of Churchill's life and times.
- Author BiographyIan S. Wood is a Lecturer in History at Napier University, Edinburgh and a tutor with the Open University.
- Author(s)Ian S. Wood
- PublisherG2 Entertainment Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationGravesend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintG2 Entertainment Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width204 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.