All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlimited edition hardcover book exploring Churchill's relationships with his generalsThis is the incredible story of the darkest days of World WarII when Winston Churchill and his generals Montgomery, Alexander, Wavell, and Brooke were facing catastrophe on every front. They suffered defeat at Dunkirk and survived the Battle of Britain. With ermous amounts of courage and skill they fought off the Luftwaffe and managed to hold on until the Allied invasion of Europe. On May 10th, 1940 Churchill became Prime Minister and took control of Britain s War Effort. He appointed key men to command the forces upon which the free world s survival depended. Men like Montgomery, Slim, Auchinleck, Alanbrooke, and Alexander were given the highest command to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. This is the story of his relationships with these remarkable men and the American generals who followed them including Dwight Eisenhower and George Marshall.
- Author BiographyMike Lepine has written more than 35 books. As the former editorof the Aviation & Military Video Club, he was instrumental with DD Home Entertainment in bringing much rare archival film footage to the public for the very first time.
- Author(s)Mike Lepine
- PublisherDanann Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDanann Publishing Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width270 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and 2 DVDs
- Running Time210
- Edition StatementIllustrated Commemorative Ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.