CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionChurchill (1874-1965) was one of the 20th century's most charismatic and controversial figures. He escaped from capture as a prisoner of war in the Boer War, was a Nobel Prize-winning author and twice prime minister. He is best remembered as the astute and powerful orator who inspired a battered Britain to victory and led the post-war, shattered nation to recovery. Richard Langworth, co-chairman and editor of The Churchill Centre , has spent over 20 years researching Churchill's written and spoken words.In Churchill by Himself , which is fully authorised by the Churchill Estate, Langworth has edited and antated this library to make the definitive collection of Churchill's words, thematically arranged. He also highlights the myriad quotations commonly mis-attributed to Churchill. From his meetings with world leaders such as Roosevelt, de Gaulle and Stalin, his verbal engagements with Hitler and the Third Reich, to his wit and oratory on the floor of the Commons, every facet of Churchill's life and times is explored with his own pragmatic intelligence, sharp humour and legendary wisdom.
- Author BiographyRichard M Langworth has been editor since 1982 of The Churchill Centre's journal Finest Hour and its other publications, and author of A Connoisseur's Guide to the Books of Sir Winston Churchill. He founded The Churchill Centre in 1968, was its president from 1990 to 1999, and has been chairman of its Board of Trustees since 2000. Using computer technology, he draws upon a groundbreaking database of Churchill quotes and literature. He currently lives in Moultonborough, New Hampshire and Eleuthera, Bahamas. In 1998 he was invested by the Queen as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his contributions to Anglo-American understanding.
- Author(s)Richard M. Langworth,Sir Winston S. Churchill
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight978 g
- Width162 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine49 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.