All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionA young child's life during the rise of fascism. Christopher Finch is the 12-year-old son of a wealthy American diplomat and a British journalist who live in London in 1939. The events that unfurl during the next five years, from his spying for Winston Churchill - the British war-time Prime Minister - to escaping the closing claws of the Nazi empire, forms, and shapes the talented Mr. Finch. What was the secret Christopher's Grandfather was going to tell him? How much did the Indian Princess kw about his spying for Winston Churchill, and could he trust the quiet boy from Czechoslovakia? Christopher Finch is t alone in his adventures; he is joined by a group of children from other wealthy and powerful families who have been evacuated from London to Christopher's parent's estate in the countryside of England. Together they form a close group of comrades, each with their lives affected by the war clouds that are covering Europe. The first episode, 1939 - the Phantom Zeppelin, sees Christopher Finch spying for Winston Churchill who at that time is exiled from politics for being a war monger. Christopher's eccentric grandfather, an ex-soldier in the British Colonial Army, tells him stories of his adventures in Africa and the Middle East, and inadvertently sets Christopher on a path that will change him forever.
- Author BiographyA. R. Grogan is a British writer, teacher and designer. He has lived and worked in Britain and Europe and now resides in New York. He is married with three children. He has worked for several publishing houses and currently is working on the A2Z series of publications from Brindian Press as an author and editor. The series will be released in fall 2014.
- Author(s)A R Grogan
- PublisherBrindian Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrindian Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.