All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionAfter taking a serious beating whilst engaged in ufficial undercover work in the murky streets and taverns of London's 19th century slums, Constable Tom Churchyard takes himself to Cornwall. Here, in spite of his injuries he becomes right-hand man to Amos Hawke, w a senior Cornish policeman. His kwledge of the London rogues proves invaluable as Amos seeks to foil a gang of city thieves whose plan is to plunder the mansions of the Cornish gentry. When a brutal murder is committed during their investigations it proves far more complex than appears at first glance. Churchyard and Hawke is an exciting and insightful vel of the years when the Cornwall Constabulary was in its infancy in ather vel testing the investigative skills of Amos Hawke.
- Author BiographyE.V. Thompson was born in London, After spending nine years in the Royal Navy, he served as a Vice Squad policeman in Bristol, became an investigator for British Overseas Airways (during which he was seconded to the Hong Kong Police Narcotics Bureau), then headed Rhodesia's Department of Civil Aviation Security Section. While in Rhodesia, he published over two hundred short stories before moving back to England to become a full-time award-winning writer. His first novel, Chase the Wind, the opening book in the Retallick saga, won the Best Historical Novel Award, and since then more than thirty novels have won him thousands of admirers around the world.
- Author(s)E. V. Thompson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Weight404 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.