All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I'm taking your eyes', he'd say, 'and keeping them safe.' 'I'm taking your ears and keeping them safe.' Ciara's father Mick kept her as his hidden treasure, making sure his only daughter was shielded from what he did and the men and women with whom he associated. Now Mick is dead and his legacy, so bound up in the landscape of Glasgow, that infamous mean city, must be faced. As Ciara seeks to further the reputation of her art gallery, her world starts to fragment. Marked by the deep contradictions of her father, the art world and the place that made them all, she stands on a threshold. By confronting the past, her future blows wide open. Ciara by David Harrower premiered at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh, in August 2013.
- Author BiographyDavid Harrower's plays include Knives in Hens, Kill the Old, Torture Their Young and Dark Earth (Traverse), Presence (Royal Court) The Chrysalids (NT Connections), Blackbird (Edinburgh International Festival; West End), A Slow Air (Tron Theatre, Glasgow) and Good with People (Traverse). Adaptations include Buchner's Woyzeck (Edinburgh Lyceum), Pirandello's Six Characters in Search of an Author (Young Vic), Chekhov's Ivanov and Horvath's Tales from the Vienna Woods (National Theatre), Schiller's Mary Stuart (National Theatre of Scotland), and Brecht's The Good Soul of Szechuan and Gogol's The Government Inspector (Young Vic).
- Author(s)David Harrower
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight97 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.