CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Story: When Baron Beaumont marries a plump widow, seventeen years after the death of his first wife in childbirth, he discovers his new wife comes with some appalling baggage: two very ugly daughters who are immediately jealous of the Baron's beautiful daughter, Ella Beaumont. When Ella's father is sent to prison for a crime he did t commit, the ugly stepsisters Ermentrude and Agatha De Ville take full advantage of the situation. Ella is demoted to the role of kitchen maid and prevented from attending the Royal Ball held in June. King Louis is hosting the ball to allow his shy son, Ferdinand, to meet some pretty girls. After the ugly sisters have left for the palace with high hopes of meeting some rich lord, Ella has an amazing spiritual encounter and is given the lost key to her dead mother's bedroom, a room that had been locked for many years. After the unexpected arrival of her Aunt Althea, Ella is dressed for the ball and with the assistance of Althea's coach is delivered to the palace. There, Prince Ferdinand is captivated by her beauty and some very extraordinary things occur. Set in the later eighteenth century, prior to the French revolution, real and fictional events are intermingled in a lively and entertaining manner.
- Author BiographyBrian Edward Hurst (b.1938) is an internationally known psychic medium, artist and author born in England. He graduated from the London Guildhall School of Music and Drama, and the Dept. of Teaching Studies, University of London. He spent two years in India teaching English, worked in special Education for the Cambridgeshire Education Authority and emigrated to California in 1980. His counseling skills have been appreciated by thousands of bereaved people and his ability to make contact with the deceased has been amply demonstrated. Now partially retired, he lives in Reseda, California, where he continues with his writing and painting.
- Author(s)Brian Edward Hurst
- Date of Publication22/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.