All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection charts the terrain of contemporary Japanese animation, one of the most explosive forms of visual culture to emerge at the crossroads of transnational cultural production in the last twenty-five years. The essays offer bold and insightful engagement with anime's concerns with gender identity, anxieties about body mutation and techlogical monstrosity, and apocalyptic fantasies of the end of history. The contributors dismantle the distinction between 'high' and 'low' culture and offer compelling arguments for the value and importance of the study of anime and popular culture as a key link in the translation from the local to the global.
- Author BiographySTEVEN T. BROWN is Associate Professor of Japanese Literature and Popular Culture at the University of Oregon, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date31/03/2008
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight480 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited bySteven T. Brown
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.