All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGilles Deleuze was one of the most influential figures in twentieth-century philosophy, well kwn for his works on the philosophy of art and for his master-works, Difference and Repetition and - with Felix Guattari - A Thousand Plateaus and Anti-Oedipus. Cinema I is the first volume of Deleuze's revolutionary work on the theory of cinema (concluded in Cinema II, also available in the Bloomsbury Revelations series). Drawing on the philosophy of Henri Bergson, Deleuze identified his work as a logic of the cinema , setting out to isolate certain cinematographic concepts philosophically. To do this, he brings together diverse examples from a variety of major filmmakers, including Ingmar Bergman, Charlie Chaplin, Sergei Eisenstein and Alfred Hitchcock, among many others.
- Author BiographyGilles Deleuze (1925-1995) was one of the key figures in poststructuralism, and one of the most influential philosophers of the twentieth century. His major works include, with Felix Guattari, A Thousand Plateaus and Anti-Oedipus.
- Author(s)Gilles Deleuze
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- Series TitleBloomsbury Revelations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight393 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.