All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of the last great era of the cinematic sex siren - a time when the cultural revolution resulted in unprecedented liberation in the treatment of nudity on screen. The Sixties and Seventies was an era when actresses were t ashamed to be associated with the tag of 'Sex Goddess' or 'Sex Siren' and were t embarrassed to exploit their beauty and bodily charms to enhance their career. Cinema Sex Sirens centres around a select number of actresses who capitalised on their natural beauty during this era. They range from cinematic legends to some whose names are barely kwn by the general public. Each chapter focuses on one actress with a biography, commentary and complete filmography. Features full colour photos, rare international movie poster artwork and magazine covers. Actresses featured include Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, Brigitte Bardot, Elizabeth Taylor, Ursula Andress and Gina Lollobrigida.
- Author BiographyDave Worrall and Lee Pfeiffer are the founders and publishers of Cinema Retro magazine, which covers movies of the 60s and 70s. They have co-authored The Essential James Bond, the best-selling 007 film book with sales in excess of 250,000 copies. They have also collaborated on The Alamo: A Celebration John Wayne's Epic Movie and have appeared on many international TV and radio programs to discuss the cinema.
- Author(s)Dave Worral,Lee Pfeiffer
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight880 g
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.