All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first book-length study of this topic, D.W. McKiernan examines the way mainstream commercial cinema represents society's complex relationship with the idea and practice of community in the context of rapidly changing social conditions. Films examined include Ae Fond Kiss , The Idiots and Monsoon Wedding .
- Author BiographyD.W. MCKIERNAN is an Honorary Research Fellow at Leeds Trinity and All Saints, University of Leeds, UK, and prior to his retirement was Principal Lecturer and Head of the Department of Cultural and Communication Studies. He was also a founding member of the Centre for Cultural Studies at Leeds University, now the AHRC Centre for Cultural Analysis, Theory & History at the University of Leeds, UK.
- Author(s)D. W. McKiernan
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/05/2008
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight430 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.