All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionSherwood Pictures is the filmmaking ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia, and the leading producer of church-based, independent Christian films. This book situates their work in the history of religion and film in America and shows how they bring to fruition early 20th century Protestant expectations for the use of film in the life of the church and their hopes for a vibrant Christian film industry. Also covered are the handful of churches, inspired by Sherwood, that have taken up their own cameras to create a growing church film movement. This book offers ather examination of the relationship between conservative evangelical Protestant Christianity and the wider popular culture.
- Author Biography<b>J. Ryan Parker</b> received a Ph.D. in religion and the arts from the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California, and a master of divinity degree from Wake Forest. He lives in Los Angeles, California; his website is www.poptheology.com .
- Author(s)J. Ryan Parker
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.